Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/02/09 16:28:03 UTC

SSL on repository.zones.apache.org (was: Re: [vote] use repository.zones.apache.org ...)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that I've put together a _very_ small app
from some code I managed to swipe (looks like it's Oleg's style...if so,
thanks Oleg). The app works both via JNLP and command line, and installs
the self-signed certificate for repository.zones.apache.org into your
JDK's keystore. This should allow Maven to deploy to the repository when
you're using that JDK.

For some people, most notably Mac users, the ${java.home}/lib directory
is actually owned by root and is not group-writable, so you'll need to
use the command-line approach for the app, and prefix the command with
'sudo' to get root access for the execution.

More instructions can be found here:

http://repository.zones.apache.org/ssl

Thanks, and good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

-john

RE: SSL on repository.zones.apache.org (was: Re: [vote] use repository.zones.apache.org ...)

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Ok the new cert is in place.

Give me 2 hours to switch the cert to use the new dns which will be
https://repository.apache.org

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.