Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by J M Craig/Alpha-G <ns...@netscape.net> on 2003/02/20 18:13:48 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4.1.18, JDK 1.4.1, & Soap--the key issue found!

Hi Folks,

Leaving aside all the fluff RE my malformed server.xml Context entry,
there is apparently exactly one problem:

The full install of Tomcat 4.1.18 includes the following XML Parser JAR:
    jaxp-parser-impl.jar     (found in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed)

When I replaced this with the Xerces parser JAR from the Sun Web
Services Development Pack
    jswdp-1_0_01/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar

The Soap server started up happily. :-P (I'm trying not to think about
how long this took to figure out!)

For anyone using the 4.1.18 version of Tomcat, the scripts that drive it
are in /usr/bin and have different names than those found in the info on
the Jakarta/Tomcat web site and the doc files:
    dtomcat4    corresponds to     catalina.sh

I hope this is useful to someone.

Cheers,

John