Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tech Newbie <te...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/05 02:18:55 UTC

Use FileToString for 100MB file

Is that possible?

Getting out of memory error even though the heap is set to 1G:
set HEAP=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

Re: Use FileToString for 100MB file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 5 February 2013 15:39, Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it> wrote:
> I recently went through a situation where I had to download some 300MB+
> files.
>
> In fact, it seems that Jmeter tries to keep the sample result in memory
> until the operation has finished.
> I assume that this is done in order to do allow  assertion, content analysis

Yes.

> etc, but where very large files are involved, this is a real issue.

Which is why there is the HTTP option "Save response as MD5 hash?"

> I made a quick workaround using OS sampler + wget command+ delete file
> command.
> I think that an option to save the sample result to file, would be more
> appropriate.

Feel free to raise an enhancement issue - even better, include a patch.

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
I recently went through a situation where I had to download some 300MB+ files.

In fact, it seems that Jmeter tries to keep the sample result in memory until the operation has finished.
I assume that this is done in order to do allow  assertion, content analysis etc, but where very large files are involved, this is a
real issue.

--

Ing. Sergio Boso

RE: Use FileToString for 100MB file