Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Binna <r....@synedra.com> on 2008/04/22 23:32:05 UTC

Tapestry and OSGi

Hi

I have a question towards using tapestry and OSGi. Has any one of you
done something with Tapestry and OSGi till now?  Does anyone know  of
some best practices, pitfalls?

Thanks a lot in advance,
	Best regards, Robert

Re: Tapestry and OSGi

Posted by Michael Gerzabek <mi...@gmx.net>.
Hi Robert,

No I've no experience in using T5 with OSGi. Sounds very interesting
though. Recently I stepped into this topic and found Sling [1], another
Apache incubator project that deals with OSGi. Sling is based on Felix
[2] an OSGi implementation of ASF. It further uses Jackrabbit [3] as
JCR. In the documentation they provide infos on how to include servlet
filters into their framework.

I also was wondering how much effort it would be to make the T5 IoC
mechanism OSGi conform? Would there be extra value of hot-deployment of
modules? Is there a need for such a thing? Or what would be the value of
getting strong interfaces on service layer? What would be the benefit at
all?

Michael

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html
[2] http://felix.apache.org/site/index.html