Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jamesw <ja...@frameforge3d.com> on 2012/05/12 00:47:07 UTC

building with APR from MacPorts

The ReadMe has a MacOSX note saying that if you have used MacPorts to install
APR and APR-Util, you should configure using

./configure \
    --with-apr=/opt/local/var/macports/software/apr/1.3.3_0/opt/local/

The trouble is, that folder doesn't exist.  In my
/opt/local/var/macports/software/apr folder, I have just one item, a file
named apr-1.4.6_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.  Any suggestions?

Re: building with APR from MacPorts

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 15:47 -0700, jamesw wrote:
> The ReadMe has a MacOSX note saying that if you have used MacPorts to install
> APR and APR-Util, you should configure using
>
> ./configure \
>     --with-apr=/opt/local/var/macports/software/apr/1.3.3_0/opt/local/
>
> The trouble is, that folder doesn't exist.  In my
> /opt/local/var/macports/software/apr folder, I have just one item, a file
> named apr-1.4.6_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.  Any suggestions?

Well the first thing to try is not adding that --with-apr at all.

If that doesn't work then find out where the apr-1-config script in
located and use that to set the value of --with-apr

Provide more info on errors and versions and we can help you more.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp