Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alexander Buloichik <Al...@epam.com> on 2005/02/14 17:33:05 UTC

SSL

Hello, All !

I tried to install james-2.2.0.
I runned it, edit config.xml for change smtp port to 1025, pop3 port to 1110, and disable nntp port.
When I run it, it works fine.

After than, I changed config.xml for allow SSL support(uncomment "useTLS" tags for smtp and pop3 sections),
created keystore as described on http://wiki.apache.org/james/UsingSSL, uncommented ssl factory, and run it.

When I try to connect to pop3 server(1110 port), or smtp server(1025 port), then mail client freeze.

What is this ?

WBR, Alex.

Re: SSL

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
I too didn't succeed in making SSL work with Evolution.

Sylvain.

Re: SSL

Posted by Alexander Buloichik <Al...@epam.com>.
Hi !

Re: SSL

Posted by Hes Siemelink <he...@izecom.com>.
Alexander Buloichik wrote:

>Hello, All !
>
>I tried to install james-2.2.0.
>I runned it, edit config.xml for change smtp port to 1025, pop3 port to 1110, and disable nntp port.
>When I run it, it works fine.
>
>After than, I changed config.xml for allow SSL support(uncomment "useTLS" tags for smtp and pop3 sections),
>created keystore as described on http://wiki.apache.org/james/UsingSSL, uncommented ssl factory, and run it.
>
>When I try to connect to pop3 server(1110 port), or smtp server(1025 port), then mail client freeze.
>
>What is this ?

Is your client configured to use SSL/TLS? Go to your account options and
check if the SSL option is checked.  ("This service requires a secure
connection (SSL)" in Outlook Express under the Advanced tab.)

Cheers,

    Hes.