Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Russ Gladden <ru...@thehnp.com> on 2013/01/13 23:20:18 UTC

emailing documents

Would you send instructions for setting up email options for documents?
I can not follow the instructions in the help menu because I do not have
the protocols set up to use email.

   1.

   Choose *File - Send - Document as E-mail*.

   OpenOffice.org opens your default e-mail program.
   2.

   In your e-mail program, enter the recipient, subject and any text you
   want to add, then send the e-mail.

    In case you want to send the e-mail to a recipient who only has
software that cannot read the OpenDocument format, you can send the current
document in an often used proprietary format.
For a text document, choose *File - Send - Document as Microsoft Word*. For
a spreadsheet, choose *File - Send - Document as Microsoft Excel*. And for
a presentation, choose *File - Send - Document as Microsoft PowerPoint*.
If you want to send the document as a read-only file, choose *File - Send -
Document as PDF*.
These commands do not change your current document. Only a temporary copy
is created and sent.