Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oliver Reflé <o....@gmx.de> on 2002/02/06 17:35:58 UTC

Problem with validation

Hello all,
i have a big problem, when validating my form he maps back to input
when errors occur(what is wished). But he empties the fileds of form and
displays
empty input fields. When i get the form manually out of the session and
debug print
the values it is filled.

I put the form in the session, and set validation true.
The form itself in the jsp takes it configuration out of the defined action.

Any idea?

Re: Problem with validation

Posted by Keith Bacon <ke...@yahoo.com>.
Not sure I understand but maybe this is your problem...

Is this because you are letting struts call your form bean's validate() method?
If your action is putting data in the request for your jsp to display it will be lost.

Then you should set validate="false" & call validate from your action class.

This is from something I saw in the list a while ago - hope i got it right - I don't use
validate(0 myself.
Keith.