Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2007/11/21 21:22:47 UTC

Set the log level to "error" by default?

Hi Lenya devs,

does anyone find the "debug" log level useful?
If not - should we set it to error?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Set the log level to "error" by default?

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> does anyone find the "debug" log level useful?
>> If not - should we set it to error?
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>

> It should be set to something other than debug or info. I switch to warn
> typically. This is something that will have to be changed before doing a
> release. I moved a test domain to Lenya on debug. Google bot came
> through and filled up one of my partitions with a multi-gigabyte log file.
>
> +1 for default of error

+1

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: Set the log level to "error" by default?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> does anyone find the "debug" log level useful?
> If not - should we set it to error?

Done.

-- Andreas

--