Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Martin Serrano <ma...@attivio.com> on 2016/06/07 00:58:47 UTC

custom ambari service that only installs files

Hi,

I am interested in writing a custom ambari plugin (service?) that would
do two things:

* copy a set of jars to local disk on each node
* populate some znodes in zookeeper (based on user configuration choices)

But after that, no actions would need to occur.  We plan on executing
code via a YARN client later, and want to pre-stage most of the
application code since it can be large.  We would also want to react
(even if user had to click a button -- but prefer not) to cluster
configuration changes.

Is this something the Ambari Stack architecture is appropriate for?  Or
should we try to accomplish this some another way?

Thanks,
Martin Serrano