Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2010/03/10 13:40:18 UTC

Nightly builds

Hi everyone.

I noticed recently that my Batik nightly builds haven’t been building
since some time last year.  They should be building again now.  You can
see a bunch of commits included in the build I kicked off earlier today:

  http://mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Helder.

Helder Magalhães:
> Oops... Actually, I had noticed for a while already, but I thought
> they were being built in a semi-automated fashion. Now I know I should
> have confirmed it. ;-)

Yes it is fully automated, when it is working. :)  But I did a manual
build yesterday to avoid waiting overnight.

> As we're at it, did you notice the "1.6" in the splash [1] image? ;-)
> …
> [1] http://mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/webstart/squiggle.gif

Hmm, so actually I can’t see that the splash image is used at all, at
least not on my current system (Java 6, Windows).  I’ve updated the JNLP
file to use the smaller Batik logo from the top of the website now, but
it still isn’t displayed for me when it is downloading Squiggle.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cameron,

> I noticed recently that my Batik nightly builds haven’t been building
> since some time last year.  They should be building again now.  You can
> see a bunch of commits included in the build I kicked off earlier today:

Oops... Actually, I had noticed for a while already, but I thought
they were being built in a semi-automated fashion. Now I know I should
have confirmed it. ;-)

Thanks for putting things up again, Cam! :-)

>  http://mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/

As we're at it, did you notice the "1.6" in the splash [1] image? ;-)

> Thanks,
>
> Cameron

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/webstart/squiggle.gif

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:43:02PM +1100, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi Simon.
>
> Simon Pepping:
> >Why are you not using the ASF's (http://ci.apache.org/#buildbot)
> >buildbot for nightly builds? I have been looking to use it for FOP,
> >but I have not had time to dive into it.
>
> I wasn't aware that we had buildbots. (I originally set up my builds
> a few years ago, so maybe that was before the buildbots were
> available.) Actually I thought the ASF didn't like nightly builds
> being provided on apache.org for some reason.

I know that the ASF is very particular about releases: They carry a
guarantee of quality and intellectual property, and therefore must
obtain a positive vote from the PMC. I am not sure about nightly
builds.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Simon.

Simon Pepping:
> Why are you not using the ASF's (http://ci.apache.org/#buildbot)
> buildbot for nightly builds? I have been looking to use it for FOP,
> but I have not had time to dive into it.

I wasn't aware that we had buildbots. (I originally set up my builds a
few years ago, so maybe that was before the buildbots were available.)
Actually I thought the ASF didn't like nightly builds being provided
on apache.org for some reason.

Anyway, if you do get FOP building there and you find it would be easy
to also get Batik distribution zips built I'd be happy for that to be
the "official" source for nightlies.

Thanks,

Cameron

Re: Nightly builds