Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by devalpatel <de...@netweb.biz> on 2012/05/04 11:59:57 UTC

what is accountingQuantityTotal in InventoryItem entity?

Hi all,

I have to use product inventory from ofBiz to other application.

Now, when the order for that product is generated on the external
application, i have update the respective inventory in the ofBiz.

The ofBiz entity for this is "INVENTORY_ITEM". And below are the fields :

1) AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE_TOTAL (ATP- at the time of order)
2) QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL (QOH- after shipping the order.)
3) ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_TOTAL

I do not know the usage of ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_TOTAL field?
When this field needs to be updated?

I would appreciate if i got the details/usage about this field .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deval

Re: what is accountingQuantityTotal in InventoryItem entity?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Thibault Saint-Marc" <ti...@gmail.com>

> Is there in the documentation a kind of index with the fields of objects in
> components where is described where (locally and other components) and how
> those fields are used ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Thibault

There are no much functional description of Enttities.fields (some are directly documented in data model - ie *mode*.xml)
Those links can still be of help:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Data+Model
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Packages
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Inventory+Variance

Long ago, I wrote this in French (I guess you read French). It seems to not add much to what you know already but could be still
useful
http://www.les7arts.com/assist/OFBiz/Gestion%20de%20stock%20-%20QOH%20&%20ATP.htm

Jacques

Re: what is accountingQuantityTotal in InventoryItem entity?

Posted by Thibault Saint-Marc <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

patient people in good mood should go on, others please forget this email
and don't shoot on sight

I will use this thread since some of my basic problems seem close enough
I am a newbie at OFBiz but have a middle size project to get done in a very
short time. Hope I can participate in the future, though, because I really
like the system so far.

start: OFBiz 11.04@1328947 for Manufacturing/Warehouse/Accounting++ in
Chinese/English/French

from what DEVAL wrote:
1) AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE_TOTAL (ATP- at the time of order)
2) QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL (QOH- after shipping the order.)
3) ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_TOTAL

please correct me if I am wrong.

QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL: is the quantity at current time (not after shipping)

AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE_TOTAL: this deduces all the sales orders. it is
actually the ATP after everything is done (infinity future), so that we
don't have to recalculate it everytime from QoH-orders.
 - does it include the purchase orders, if it is a 'good' that is just
passing through the Warehouse ?
 - does it include the planned production, if it is a finished product
produced on site ?
 - This field is basically calculated from QoH and orders when they are
confirmed... So why can we change it in "Physical Inventory Variances" of
an Inventory Item ? Shouldn't we just change the QoH and the other should
change always the same way automatically ?
 - anybody done a page where we can see the ATP being function of the time
with some nice graphs ?

ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_TOTAL: still don't get this one from Jacopo's answer
(sorry, not your fault, just trying to learn a lot very quickly). but it
seems it is the quantity fixed at reception and that it cannot be modified
later on.
- how come I can't fix it when I do a "New Inventory Item" from the
"Inventory Item" page of a particular Facility ? There is no input field
for it.
- Strangely, it seems that the people in charge of filling up the warehouse
are not machines and happen to write the wrong quantity at reception. Then
what is the best policy for correcting that kind of mistakes ? In my
opinion, there could be a VarianceReason with description like "Correction
of Mistake" but it is not there and it doesn't look like an exceptional
situation, so I guess it is not the way other people do it. Please tell me
your solutions for this simple problem. If it should be the way to do it,
then I'll try and make a patch (already found some nice pages).

I use the Inventory Item Id as an Identifier for big bags of raw material
used in manufacturing. It seems the only problem could be that transfer
with [quantity < QoH] will create another item id. So I just have to block
those. Anybody have recommendations against this system ?
Should I have a new field in products where I would get the information
that this product cannot be cut into 2 items, but can just be modified by
"Physical Inventory Variances" ? or anything already has this meaning ?

When those raw material bags are used in production and emptied, what
should I do with them (I mean in the ERP) ? Should I create an Archive
Warehouse (doesn't sound too good) ? Or add a field like "Empty" ? Or
better just take the empty bags out of my own
proudly-created-myself-to-come-soon-views ?

What about some wrong reception input (like inputing twice the same bag) ?
Should I have a field for "Mistakes" ? I have to consider that it might
have been already included in accounting, too.
Please give me your experience with solving those problems.

I think I will have to be able to choose the inventory item id when filling
up the "actual products" so as to track materials for quality control like
DEVAL (but not from an external prog). anybody done that before ? Is the
function where this is done automatically the place where Jacopo talks
about when the FIFO/LILO system is used ?

Is there in the documentation a kind of index with the fields of objects in
components where is described where (locally and other components) and how
those fields are used ?

Best Regards

Thibault

Posted by devalpatel <de...@netweb.biz>.
I am online now. Please give me ur skypeId.
Posted by Ankit Jain <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ankit Jain <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deval,

Posted by Ankit Jain <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deval,

As much I understand your requirement, your order is placed from some
external application and you want to manage inventory in ofbiz, for
InventoryItem history we use InventoryItemDetail, instead of creating
InventoryItem create InventoryItemDetail record and the service
getInventoryAvailableByFacility will give you exact ATP and QOH.

As you mentioned you are getting ProductId, FacilityId, then you can
easily create a InventoryItemDetail for that product's inventory with
orderId, orderItemSeqId info.

HTH

Regards,
Ankit Jain

Posted by devalpatel <de...@netweb.biz>.
Jacques please looking for your thoughts too for this inventory deduction
functionality......

is there any service to deduct inventory in any facility????

Re: what is accountingQuantityTotal in InventoryItem entity?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Deval,