Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2016/01/04 10:38:17 UTC

Re: QPID JMS example cannot connect to the broker

On 12/23/2015 11:52 AM, Stein Wang wrote:
> After multiple trials, I still didn't get the amqp.so module. I had to
> install another virtual machine to build the QPID broker from scratch again.
> This time, I was lucky. I got the amqp.so module, and the JMS example
> finally said Hello.
>
> I don't understand why there is difference between the results of the two
> installation processes as I was acting exactly the same procedures. I'd like
> to learn it if someone knows the reason.

I don't understand it either. The only criteria I can think of that
affects whether amqp.so is built or not is whether the proton library
could be found by cmake. In your case it reported it did find it.

If you want to dig deeper perhaps we could compare the console output of
a build that compiled amqp.so and one that did not(?)

> Thanks again for those who have helped me, and sorry for bothering with this
> entry-level question.

No need to apologies, its a fair question, just one that I'm unable to
answer at present, sorry!