Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wouter Boers <Wo...@MphasiS.com> on 2001/08/01 12:10:33 UTC

RE: image resize

You can do this the the Java Advanced Imaging library. Beware though when
running advanges imaging on a Unix box that does not have X installed. A bug
in Java requires a connect to the X-server to be able to handle images. The
workaround is to install a X-server simulator, called  Xvbf. This worked
fine for me on a solaris box, uploaded images are scaled to a 'small' size
and a big size and stored to be displayed later on.

I have some sources that perform scaling (on-the-fly) which are available on
request.

Wouter