Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by James Peach <ja...@me.com> on 2013/03/07 19:31:06 UTC

distributing test tools

Hi all,

Just a heads-up. I'm planning to integrate the binaries in the tools directory so they will be built and installed by default. This means jtest, http_load and tstop. If anyone has any opinions or advice, I'm all ears ...

Re: distributing test tools

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Mar 8, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found that there so many code breaking our coding style, such as "tailing
> spaces", "beyond 80 characters per line".

Trailing spaces is bad, but our coding standard allows long lines. Limiting to 80 characters is lame and outdated IMO. :)

-- Leif

Re: distributing test tools

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.
I found that there so many code breaking our coding style, such as "tailing
spaces", "beyond 80 characters per line".

I suggest add a tool, like
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/scripts/checkpatch.pl, to
help developers self checking before sending/merging patches.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM, James Peach <ja...@me.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a heads-up. I'm planning to integrate the binaries in the tools
> > directory so they will be built and installed by default. This means
> jtest,
> > http_load and tstop. If anyone has any opinions or advice, I'm all ears
> >

> There is a JIRA open for tstop and also I have a tool to commit for this as
> well.

Yunkai Zhang
Work at Taobao

Re: distributing test tools

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Re: distributing test tools

Posted by James Peach <ja...@me.com>.
On 07/03/2013, at 10:31 AM, James Peach <ja...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a heads-up. I'm planning to integrate the binaries in the tools directory so they will be built and installed by default. This means jtest, http_load and tstop. If anyone has any opinions or advice, I'm all ears ...

What about push.pl? Does it make sense to rename it to tspush and distribute it?