Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Flavio Cordova <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/28 02:19:15 UTC

Trying to run forrestbot...

I have created a small project using forrest and it runs fine using both
'forrest run' and 'forrest site'.
 Now I'm trying to build the site using forrestbot but it's not working...
 Here the build.xml I have created:
 <project name="build.prounit" default="main">
<description>ProUnit Documentation build script</description>
<!-- Import properties -->
<property file="build.properties" />
<property name="getsrc.local.root-dir" location="c:/work/prounit-docs"/>
<property name="build.work-dir" value="tmp/work"/>
<property name="build.log-dir" value="tmp/logs"/>
<property name="deploy.local.dir" value="deploy-docs"/>

<target name="getsrc" depends="getsrc.clean-workdir,getsrc.local"/>

<target name="deploy" depends="deploy.local">
<echo level="info" message="DONE ???" />
</target>

<property environment="env"/>
<import file="${env.FORREST_HOME}/tools/forrestbot/core/forrestbot.xml"/>
<property name="forrest.home" value="${env.FORREST_HOME}"/>
</project>
When it runs, it reports a broken link:
 [java] X [0] linkmap.html BROKEN: C:\apache-
forrest-0.7\main\webapp\tmp\work\tmp\build-info.xml (The system cannot find
the path specified)
 I have already searched all FAQs and documentation but I admit I got a
little lost.

Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Flavio Cordova wrote:
> I have finally found some time to take a look at that.. :-)
>
>  >>> build.work-dir etc. being relative paths (should be okay).
>
> Exactly... that's the problem.. In fact it would work fine if I had defined
> the property using location attribute, and not the value attribute.
>  Before:
> <property name="build.work-dir" value="./tmp/work"/>
> <property name="build.log-dir" value="./tmp/logs"/>
>  Now:
> <property name="build.work-dir" location="./tmp/work"/>
> <property name="build.log-dir" location="./tmp/logs"/>
>  Value attribute also works if you use a full path name.
>  Thanks for all !!!

Fantastic. Thanks for the feedback. The documentation
needs to be enhanced. The only place that it mentions
the "location" attribute is here:
http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html#getsrc.local

-David

Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

Posted by Flavio Cordova <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Trying to run forrestbot...

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
| Yes, I can ftp from the command-line no problem,
| I can not suspect a connection problem at the
| moment because the forrestbot is not even trying
| to make a connection, the FTP part of the script
| simply is not being executed at all.
|
| It may be an error in my script, but from the details
| I have on Forrestbot I can not see what is wrong/missing
| at this point, I will keep looking.

Answering myself again, I found the problem.

I looked inside deploy.xml and changed this line :-

  <target name="deploy.ftp" unless="build.failed" description="Forrestbot:
    Deploy via FTP">

  <target name="deploy.ftp" unless="" description="Forrestbot:
    Deploy via FTP">

So, all deploy methods will not occur on a build failure by default.
(You must have changed yours sometime David)

Whether this should be over-ridden in the user defined forrestbot file I
dont know, but it works now, and combined with the turning on
of CLI checksums in cli.xconf, only updates via ftp those files
that have been changed.

It's all good :)

| Gav...

|| -David
|| --
|| This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender.
|| For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/
|| --
27/10/2005

Re: Trying to run forrestbot...