Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2017/07/18 23:59:14 UTC

Release planning - 3.4.11

Hi folks,

We did last 3.4 release planning almost six months ago and last release
3.4.10 was done end of March. I think it's time to start planning next 3.4
stable release, which contains quite a few improvements (3.4 branch is find
bug green now!) and bug fixes. If we plan now, we might be able to get next
release out in next month or two.

I think next release will be a bug fix release. The list of issues
targeting 3.4.11 is here: https://goo.gl/wyJTw6. We have 28 issue resolved
and 12 issues open. Seems majority of open issues can be moved to next
release.

We have some long pending issues such as ZOOKEEPER-2184
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2184> which received a ton
of attention and requests from users. There are also recent reports on data
inconsistency bugs (ZOOKEEPER-2845
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2845>, ZOOKEEPER-2846
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2846>) which we may also
want to consider for this release (note the patches for these are not ready
yet).

Are there any other issues not on radar here and we think worth to include
in 3.4.11 release?

--
Cheers
Michael.