Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph Lee <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/07 02:39:10 UTC

[users@httpd] configure PHP on Linux

Hi,

I have installed Apache and MySQL on my Linux machine.
Now I am trying to install PHP5. I did

# configure --with-mysql
--with-apxs2=usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-libxml-dir=/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

but it complained about

configuring extensions
checking whether to enable LIBXML support... yes
checking libxml2 install dir...
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
configure: error: libxml2 version 2.5.10 or greater
required

So I went to xmlsoft.org and downloaded
libxml2-2.6.11-1.src.rpm

Then I did
# rpmbuild --rebuild libxml2-2.6.11-1.src.rpm

but it still gave me "version 2.5.10 or greater
required" error.

Is it because my libxml2 was not updated, even after I
did "rpmbuild --rebuild"?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: [users@httpd] configure PHP on Linux

Posted by Joseph Lee <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Ivan, for your quick response.

I went to
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html, but I
could not find -devel file. So I downloaded
mysql-5.0.7-beta.tar.gz, and did configure, make, and
make install.

Then I tried
# ./configure --with-mysql=~/mysql/mysql-5.0.7-beta
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-libxml-dir=~/xml/libxml2-2.6.19

and it gave me
configure: error: Cannot find libmysqlclient under
~/mysql/mysql-5.0.7-beta.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled
anymore.

Where can I find MySQL client tar ball?

Thanks,
Joe