Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Francis ANDRE <fr...@orange.fr> on 2012/03/26 07:33:23 UTC

help: cleanup the ofbiz database

Hi

I am wondering how to make a full cleanup/erase of all datas in the database in
order to reload only seed and seed-initial??? Any idea other than drop the
database and reinstall??

TIA

Re: help: cleanup the ofbiz database

Posted by mookins <ma...@mookins.com>.
This is my PostgreSQL version. It is a little rough at the moment and does
not handle all possible conditions
The schemas must all have the owner that is being used to connect, in this
case "ofbiz"
This script also requires the use of a java.local.properties file located in
the ofbiz root directory or in the user's home directory.

	<target name="clean-postgresql" description="Drop and recreate dbs">
        <property file="java.local.properties"/>
		<property file="${user.home}/java.local.properties"/>
        <property name="db.name" value="ofbiz"/>
        <property name="db.driver" value="${local.db.driver}"/>
        <property name="db.host" value="${local.db.host}"/>
        <property name="db.password" value="${local.db.password}"/>
        <property name="db.user" value="${local.db.user}"/>
        <fail message="No postgresql driver, not cleaning postgresql db">
            <condition>
                <not>
                    <available type="file" file="${local.db.driverjar}"
filepath="framework/entity/lib/jdbc/"/>
                </not>
            </condition>
        </fail>
        <echo message="Resetting ${db.name}, ${db.name}olap and
${db.name}tenant"/>
        <sql driver="${db.driver}"
url="jdbc:postgresql://${db.host}/${db.name}" userid="${db.user}"
password="${db.password}" expandproperties="true">
            <classpath>
                <fileset dir="framework/entity/lib/jdbc" includes="*.jar"/>
            </classpath>
				DROP SCHEMA public CASCADE;
				CREATE SCHEMA public AUTHORIZATION ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public;
        </sql>
		<sql driver="${db.driver}"
url="jdbc:postgresql://${db.host}/${db.name}olap" userid="${db.user}"
password="${db.password}" expandproperties="true">
            <classpath>
                <fileset dir="framework/entity/lib/jdbc" includes="*.jar"/>
            </classpath>
				DROP SCHEMA public CASCADE;
				CREATE SCHEMA public AUTHORIZATION ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public;
        </sql>
        <sql driver="${db.driver}"
url="jdbc:postgresql://${db.host}/${db.name}tenant" userid="${db.user}"
password="${db.password}" expandproperties="true">
            <classpath>
                <fileset dir="framework/entity/lib/jdbc" includes="*.jar"/>
            </classpath>
				DROP SCHEMA public CASCADE;
				CREATE SCHEMA public AUTHORIZATION ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO ofbiz;
				GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public;
        </sql>
    </target>

Re: help: cleanup the ofbiz database

Posted by Anne <an...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hello Francis,

Others have explained what to do if you are using the supplied Derby db. To
my knowledge, there is no built-in support for doing this with dbs other
than Derby.

We use MySQL, so we wrote our own ant task to do this, which I will include
below. I expect it can be easily modified for use with postgresql or other
database systems.

This ant task assumes existence of a file java.local.properties in the
user's home directory. That file should hold local values for the
environment, such as username and password of a db user that has
appropriate permissions. This means each developer can have a different
configuration for their local database.

Cheers,
Anne.

<target name="clean-mysql" description="Drop and recreate dbs">
        <property file="${user.home}/java.local.properties" />
        <property name="db.name" value="ofbiz" />
        <property name="db.driver" value="${local.db.driver}" />
        <property name="db.url" value="${local.db.url}" />
        <property name="db.pwd" value="${local.db.pwd}" />
        <property name="db.user" value="${local.db.user}" />
        <fail message="No mysql driver, not cleaning mysql db">
            <condition>
                <not>
                    <available type="file"
file="mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar"
filepath="framework/entity/lib/jdbc/" />
                </not>
            </condition>
        </fail>
        <echo message="Resetting ${db.name}erp, ${db.name}olap and
${db.name}tenant"
/>
        <sql driver="${db.driver}" url="${db.url}" userid="${db.user}"
password="${db.pwd}" expandproperties="true">
            <classpath>
                <fileset dir="framework/entity/lib/jdbc" includes="*.jar" />
            </classpath>
            <![CDATA[
            drop database if exists ${db.name}erp;
            drop database if exists ${db.name}olap;
            drop database if exists ${db.name}tenant;
            create database ${db.name}erp;
            create database ${db.name}olap;
            create database ${db.name}tenant;
            ]]>
        </sql>
    </target>

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: help: cleanup the ofbiz database

Posted by Yashwant Dhakad <ya...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Francls,

Posted by "dhiraj.g" <dh...@nic.in>.
HI Francls,
Please follow the these commands

First make sure the internal  database is empty:
linux:  ./ant clean-all
windows: ant.bat clean-all
Then create the tables and load the seed data which is required for the
functioning of the system and execute the following command in the ofbiz
home directory:
linux:  ./ant run-install-extseed
windows: ant.bat run-install-extseed
…..this can run for a while.......
Then run the next command to create the admin user :
linux:  ./ant create-admin-user-login
windows: ant.bat create-admin-user-login

Thanks
Dhiraj Gupta

-----
dhirajgupta