Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Grant Lewis <uk...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 00:20:18 UTC

having problems with the scm plugin

As far as I can tell my configuration is correct, using Maven 2.2.1, scm 1.3 and OS X 10.6.2. The relevant parts of my POM file are included. The tags are in my parent POM file so I expect the child project to inherit. I don't really understand the difference between connection and developerConnection so I set them both.

    <scm>
        <connection>
		scm:svn:https://10.6.22.11/svn/icfdev/NE-FIMS/trunk
	</connection>
        <developerConnection>
		scm:svn:https://10.6.22.11/svn/icfdev/NE-FIMS/trunk
	</developerConnection>
    </scm>

    <plugins>
        <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.3</version>
                <configuration>
                    <username>${svn.username}</username>
                    <password>${svn.password}</password>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

When I try to run mvn scm:checkout on a child project I observe the error shown below from the plug-in. I also tried adding <connectionUrl> in the configuration for the plugin but that didn't help, same error. Anyone have some ideas? I'm not having any problems with command-line svn, only the Maven svn integration. Thanks.

Grant

<STACK TRACE>
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot run checkout command :
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:284)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot run checkout command :
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.checkout(CheckoutMojo.java:134)
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.execute(CheckoutMojo.java:93)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
	... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Can't load the scm provider.
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.AbstractScmMojo.getScmRepository(AbstractScmMojo.java:334)
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.checkout(CheckoutMojo.java:112)
	... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: You need to define a connectionUrl parameter
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.AbstractScmMojo.getConnectionUrl(AbstractScmMojo.java:222)
	at org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.AbstractScmMojo.getScmRepository(AbstractScmMojo.java:271)
	... 21 more
</STACK TRACE>

Re: having problems with the scm plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
According to the docs, the project.scm.connection element is used by
default. Keep username and password in the plugin configuration and make
sure that the project.scm.connection is correct.
If you want to use developerConnection instead that's pÄossible to configure
on the scm plugin, see the docs.
http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/usage.html

/Anders

Posted by Grant Lewis <uk...@gmail.com>.