Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Michael Campbell <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 16:26:20 UTC

Spring integration?

Hello,

My company is looking at Kafka for a backbone to microservices, and we were
wondering if anyone had actually done anything with it and Spring
Integration (which we are looking at also for additional things).

The reason I ask is the one place I can find any code seems about a half
year out of date, is targeting both an old version of Kafka (0.8-beta) and
an older version of Scala, and the example seems ... odd to me (he has a
poller in the outbound adapter, which I don't understand at all).

Is anyone actually using this combination?

Or, is there a better way to integrate with Kafka if I want to put a layer
between my business code and the Kafka API?    (Camel, perhaps?)

Re: Spring integration?

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.
Hi Michael,

We are using spring integration
kafka<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-integration-extensions/tree/master/spring-integration-kafka>in
production and have been working fine. We also contributed some
features
(for eg: support for topic filter <https://jira.spring.io/browse/INTEXT-77>)
 to back to project. The outbound adapter has a poller to make them work
with enterprise integration patten Message Channels.  If you need more
detailed answer you could try posting your question in stack overflow.

I have also seen camel component for
kafka<https://github.com/BreizhBeans/camel-kafka>,
but havent' tried it.

Thanks,