Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tom <tb...@tbee.org> on 2010/03/15 15:54:41 UTC

FTP findFiles vs FILE

Slowly making progress on using VFS for FTP access after all kinds of
exception that did not make sense.

Anyhow, I have a tree that shows a directory structure. If I specify
"file:///..."   the contents of the filesystem is shown; specifically
findFiles loops into all childeren. If I only replace this with"ftp://..."
findFiles does no longer loop into its childeren; it only finds itself. So
that means that if I unfold a directory I see the same directory again,
unfold, same dir, unfold, same dir, ...

Why is the behavior for file: different from ftp:?
How do I find childeren of an FTP FileObject?

Re: FTP findFiles vs FILE bug

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
We would just have to make sure that the fix doesn't mess up support
for other more well-known FTP servers.  Again, just attach a patch to
a JIRA and I'm sure someone will take a look at it.

Re: FTP findFiles vs FILE bug

Posted by Tom <tb...@tbee.org>.
I did
http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25698
<http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25698>
I don't know if VFS's required behavior is according to the FTP specs or
a enhancement most FTP servers have implemented...

But getting Alfresco fixed seems a lot less likely than getting the
patch submitted to VFS.
All unittests ran fine...
It's just one class...
VFS is still in 2.0-SNAPSHOT...