Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by "titi(ger)" <ti...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/07 00:48:27 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 6707 discussion

We have serious problems with this too:
https://sourceforge.net/p/megaglest/code/commit_browser

Currently its more or less completly useless for us :-( .
I would strongly recommend to only list checkins from the last 3 weeks ( or only a small number ). I believe getting the whole history simply takes too long. And if you make the range what to see selectable for the user too it would be a great benefit! ( look how trac does it: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/megaglest/timeline ) .

And please hurry, we really need something like this ;-) .

---

** [tickets:#6707] Slow commit_browser_data**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** performance
**Created:** Tue Sep 24, 2013 03:52 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Nov 05, 2013 09:51 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Sometimes `RepoRootController.commit_browser_data` is pretty slow.  Based on log statements, it looks like the slowness is in the first 2 lines of the method.  This is supported by timermiddleware instrumentation which has high timings for `svn_lib.log` and `git_tool._iter_commits_with_refs.next` and `git_tool.log.next`  We could consider a max time limit similar to [#6695]

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/