Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/10/30 19:27:38 UTC

Let's keep Apache Ignite docs up-to-date

Igniters,

Our project is broadly documented so it’s becoming harder and harder to keep the docs consistent and updated. During several last months we tried the new approach with some of community members and took it down on paper:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Documentation

Please read it through and keep to it going forward or propose your changes if you’re like. Presently this approach proved to be effective.

—
Denis

Re: Let's keep Apache Ignite docs up-to-date

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
+1 to git case.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Pavel,

Could you show me any example of such a documentation where docs are stored in git and can be visualized by GitHub (dev stage) and 3rd party engine (release on the site)?

In my understanding if take your approach then the community needs to develop a visualization engine for ignite.apache.org <http://ignite.apache.org/>.

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Guys,

The migration process is in the progress. Here is a discussion where we
exchanged alternate doc engines (let's keep talking there):
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Move-documentation-from-readme-io-to-GitHub-pages-td16409.html

Add to the JIRA ticket as a watcher if you wish to track the progress:

The goal is to migrate to the new docs by the next Ignite 2.5 release.

--
Denis

Posted by Guru Stron <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Igniters

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Igniters,

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
+1 to Pavel's proposal,

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Denis,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org> wrote:

> I would also consider having docs under separate git repository. Separate
> since we need to have an opportunity to revisit documentation for already
> released versions.

This should not be a problem.

Re: Let's keep Apache Ignite docs up-to-date

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
I would also consider having docs under separate git repository. Separate
since we need to have an opportunity to revisit documentation for already
released versions.

--Yakov

Re: Let's keep Apache Ignite docs up-to-date

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Anton,

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.