Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Nagaraddi, Prashant" <pr...@amazon.com> on 2006/05/09 20:50:54 UTC

Jetspeed portlet exception with JSF

We are using JSF tree2 inside a Jetspeed portlet using the JSR-168 bridge. If we rapidly click on the commandLink in the tree2, we sometimes get the following exception in the console:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Must be called before the start element is closed (attribute 'id')
The portlet shows this exception:
JetspeedRequestDispatcher failed to include servlet resources. (details below)
Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException
Message: Must be called before the start element is closed (attribute 'width')
Stack Trace:
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseWriterImpl.writeAttribute(HtmlResponseWriterImpl.java:325)
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRendererUtils.renderHTMLAttribute(HtmlRendererUtils.java:487)
We can replicate this problem using the simple sample JSF application if we add the portlet.xml to it.
This seems like a problem with the portlet lifecycle vs. the JSF lifecycle.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, do you have a workaround?
Thanks,
Prashant.