Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/06/16 19:59:48 UTC

Where to find the tomcat 32 branch.

Hi,

What branche contains all the fixes against the tomcat 3.2 release (is using
tomcat_32 branch enough or another branch). To be honest : I'm completely
lost in what version is what and what version to use for what.

My main interests :

- tomcat 3.2.2
- Changes on 3.2.2
- the latest mod_jk for 3.2.2

- tomcat 3.3

- tomcat 4
- mod_jk and webapp for tomcat4.

I'm getting at this moment exceptions in classes that I cannot find anymore
in my checkouts, so I think there is a pretty big messup somewhere. (using
for test the normal jakarta-tomcat checkout..)
I'm now creating a version that is needed for production environments with a
fixed mod_jk in there and other latest fixes.

Help will be appreciated in the forrest of releases ;-))

The list of tags even confuse me more ;-((..

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt

Re: Where to find the tomcat 32 branch.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What branche contains all the fixes against the tomcat 3.2 release (is using
> tomcat_32 branch enough or another branch). To be honest : I'm completely
> lost in what version is what and what version to use for what.

The details for building any particular version of Tomcat are in the docs
included with that version.  Below is a summary of where the major pieces
can be found.

> My main interests :
>
> - tomcat 3.2.2
> - Changes on 3.2.2

These all happen on the "tomcat_32" branch of the
"jakarta-tomcat" repository.  Get your corresponding servlet API classes
(for all Tomcat 3.x) from the HEAD branch of "jakarta-servletapi".

> - the latest mod_jk for 3.2.2

I *think* this is still in the "tomcat_32" branch as well, right?

> - tomcat 3.3

This is on the HEAD branch of the "jakarta-tomcat" repository, although a
lot of the pieces are also getting factored out to
"jakarta-tomcat-connectors" and "jakarta-tomcat-jasper".

> - tomcat 4

This is in the HEAD branch of "jakarta-tomcat-4.0".  You'll also need to
get the corresponding servlet API classes from the HEAD branch of
"jakarta-servletapi-4".

> - mod_jk and webapp for tomcat4.

In "jakarta-tomcat-connectors".

> I'm getting at this moment exceptions in classes that I cannot find anymore
> in my checkouts, so I think there is a pretty big messup somewhere. (using
> for test the normal jakarta-tomcat checkout..)
> I'm now creating a version that is needed for production environments with a
> fixed mod_jk in there and other latest fixes.
>
> Help will be appreciated in the forrest of releases ;-))
>
> The list of tags even confuse me more ;-((..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin van den Bemt

Craig