Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by El...@tminus10.com on 2000/09/15 18:35:56 UTC

calling servlet from XML ?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to call a servlet from an XML file?  In my XML file
(shown below), I have a section that is static data and a section that is
dynamic where I want to call a servlet to get data to be inserted in that
section (my servlet would be outputting XML).  I am assuming that I can do
this via XSP tags but I don't know what the syntax or command is to invoke
the servlet and get the data.

Any help is appreciated.

My XML file
==========

<xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<xsp:page
  language="java"

<mypage>
   <static-data>
   </static-data>
   <dynamic-data>
       <!-- call servlet to get dynamic XML data to be inserted here -->
  </dynamic-data>

I am using Cocoon 1.7.4 with Apache Server/Apache JServ engine