Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/08 18:28:45 UTC

JDBC jar file size issues

Hi Team,

When I tried to build the latest master of Drill, the JDBC all module
failed with the below error. Any idea about this?

[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireFilesSize failed
with message:
The file drill-jdbc-all-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is outside the expected size
range.

                  This is likely due to you adding new dependencies to a
java-exec and not updating the excludes in this module. This is important
as it minimizes the size of the dependency of Drill application users.
/root/drillAutomation/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
size (93086002) too large. Max. is
21000000/root/drillAutomation/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

- Rahul

Re: JDBC jar file size issues

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Are you building Apache release or something else?

The error message means your jdbc-all jar file is too large
(93086002), probably because you brought more dependency and did not
exclude them in jdbc-all packaging.

[1] https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/jdbc-all/pom.xml#L434-L446