Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net> on 2008/06/02 20:21:33 UTC

fieldError tag

Hello,

Is there any way to specify a particular field error like this:
<s:fielderror field="myField" />

instead of:
<s:fielderror><s:param>myField</s:param></s:fielderror>

Thanks,

Dave

Re: fieldError tag

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
I would search JIRA to make sure that this isn't already implemented in a
later version or to see if there is a JIRA already entered for this.
Submitting a patch that implements this feature, assuming it's not
implemented, would be a good way to go.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net>
> Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:13:30 -0700
> Subject: Re: fieldError tag
>
> Yes, I have that working. In the case of a single field, I would like to
> use a single tag to express the same thing, ie:
> <s:fielderror field="myField" /
>
> After looking at the source code it seems that what I am looking for is
> not currently implemented.
>
> Should I ask about this on the development list?
>
> Dave
>

> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 08:20 -0300, Felipe Lorenz wrote:
>> HUmmmm ok..
>>
>> Did you try it:
>>
>> <s:fielderror>
>>           <s:param value="%{'field1'}" />
>>           <s:param value="%{'field2'}" />
>>     </s:fielderror>
>>     <s:form .... >
>>     </s:form>
>>
>> I found it on:
>> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/componen
>> ts/FieldError.html
>>
>> Try, and tell us about it...
>>
>> Have good day!
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM, David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry, my explanation was too brief.
>>>
>>> Given that the field "myField" has had a field error added to the
>>> FieldErrors collection, I am wondering if there is a way to display it
>>> on a jsp page that will be shorter than the documented:
>>> <s:fielderror><s:param>myField</s:param></s:fielderror>
>>>
>>> I was hoping for something like:
>>> <s:fielderror field="myField" />
>>>

>>> Dave

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of confidentiality and/or a privilege.

Re: fieldError tag

Posted by David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net>.

Re: fieldError tag

Posted by Felipe Lorenz <fe...@gmail.com>.