Posted to users@taverna.apache.org by N....@lumc.nl on 2016/11/10 10:45:43 UTC

Question regarding saving

Dear Taverna team,

I have a workflow that produces results as lists. Rather than writing them to a file, I would just like to save them from the results panel. However, the lists contain more than 32,000 elements, so Taverna (Core 2.5.0) cannot produce an Excel file. Saving the "provenance bundle" either fails or takes extremely long. The only option is then to save the results as XML.

This works fine, except I then get the data that looks like ASCII coded binary:

<b:dataElement lsid="" index="40584">
                <b:dataElementData>MTk3Mgk1Ny42OTcJMTEuOTg2</b:dataElementData>
              </b:dataElement>

What is the easiest way to decode these strings? This particular string should contain "1889	None	None".

Magnus Palmblad

Re: Question regarding saving

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/11/2016 10:45, N.M.Palmblad@lumc.nl wrote:
> Dear Taverna team,

Hello

> I have a workflow that produces results as lists. Rather than writing
> them to a file, I would just like to save them from the results
> panel. However, the lists contain more than 32,000 elements, so
> Taverna (Core 2.5.0) cannot produce an Excel file. Saving the
> "provenance bundle" either fails or takes extremely long. The only
> option is then to save the results as XML.

This saves them in a format called Baclava. There is a tool called the
DataViewer Tool that can be downloaded from
http://www.taverna.org.uk/download/associated-tools/dataviewer-tool/ . I
think that tool has not been updated recently, but it should still work.

> This works fine, except I then get the data that looks like ASCII
> coded binary:
>
> <b:dataElement lsid="" index="40584">
> <b:dataElementData>MTk3Mgk1Ny42OTcJMTEuOTg2</b:dataElementData>
> </b:dataElement>
>
> What is the easiest way to decode these strings? This particular
> string should contain "1889	None	None".

Those strings are Base64 encoded. I think it actually says:

1972	57.697	11.986

> Magnus Palmblad

Alan