Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/08/01 05:26:21 UTC

Fwd: Moderation Duties...

Someone want to pick up moderation duties for james ??

Subject: Moderation Duties...
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:12:01 -0700
From: Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>
To: "general@jakarta.apache.org" <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>

Hi all,

In an effort to cut down on the amount of email I get and spend more time on
Scarab, I'm asking for volunteers to take over the duty of moderating the
emails sent from people who are not subscribed to the mailing list. Note:
people who are subscribed don't get moderated.

The duty is pretty simple...reply-to-all on the emails and the person will
get added to the "approve" list. Reply on the emails and the person will get
approved once. You can also disapprove emails as well if they are clearly
spam or something else lame.

It isn't a huge amount of email, maybe 0-10/day, but it is taking more time
for me to deal with it than I would like...I'm also getting behind on my
duties...

I would appreciate it if one person would just step up and take over all of
the lists. That would make the apmail@apache.org's job of switching me off
easier since it can be scripted.

In order to take over the duties, all you need to do is send email to
apmail@apache.org and mention the lists that you would like to take
responsibility of.

I'm currently moderator for at least the following lists (as well as the
-cvs alias), maybe more:

Jmeter-dev
Jmeter-user
Jetspeed-dev
Jetspeed-user
James-user
James-dev
Turbine-dev
Turbine-user
Regexp-dev
Regexp-user
Ecs-dev
Ecs-user
Velocity-user
Velocity-dev
Jserv-user
Jserv-dev

thanks,

-jon

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Moderation Duties...

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> I'll take over the responsibilities for james-dev & james-user.

Cool.

Charles

Re: Moderation Duties...