Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Fredrickson <fr...@eng.utah.edu> on 2003/05/28 16:25:43 UTC

Tomcat IP help

I have a Tomcat server (v. 4) running on a Windows 2000 server.

It has 2 NICs with separate IP addresses.

It also runs IIS. I have set IIS to run on one address and Tomcat on
another. I used the Server.xml file and set the connector tags with a
address="n.n.n.n" value in order to have it start on the correct address. It
seems no matter what I do, Tomcat always wants to start on all IP addresses
and fails to start if the IIS web server is started.

Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

Chris

RE: Tomcat IP help

Posted by Christian Fredrickson <fr...@eng.utah.edu>.
IIS is configured to only run on it's specified address belonging to one of
the NICs. Tomcat is set to the address of the opposite NIC. It is Tomcat
that runs on all addresses, not IIS.

Chris