Posted to users@maven.apache.org by pkpkpkpk <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/07 22:21:56 UTC

I am behind a corporate proxy Maven does not support : org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin does not exist

Hi,

I tried downloading from
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/plugins.org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/1.0-alpha-1,
but this jar seems to be corrupted.

What I am trying to achieve is a way to download all the dependencies so
that maven does not need to connect to the internet.

TIA!

Re: I am behind a corporate proxy Maven does not support : org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin does not exist

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/7 pkpkpkpk <pr...@gmail.com>:

> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Configuring+Maven+behind+an+NTLM+proxy
> --- However, I do not want to have this workaround as my company has rather
> strict policies.

Sorry but what's wrong with it? Do you really think that NTLM is a
"secure" protocol?
Putting clear passwords is as safe as putting a password inside the
NTLM "encryption" scheme, simply because an attacker uses directly the
"hashed" password.

Antonio

Posted by pkpkpkpk <pr...@gmail.com>.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Configuring+Maven+behind+an+NTLM+proxy
--- However, I do not want to have this workaround as my company has rather
strict policies.
So basically, I am looking for a way to download them to the right
directory.

Thanks for your time!

Posted by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:21 AM, pkpkpkpk <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried downloading from
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/plugins.org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/1.0-alpha-1,
> but this jar seems to be corrupted.
>
> What I am trying to achieve is a way to download all the dependencies so
> that maven does not need to connect to the internet.
>
> TIA!
> --

We use a Maven Repository that sits in our network and acts as a
public repository / mirror for our developers.  We have our
environment set up to use our "public" repository to retrieve the
plugins/dependencies.  If our mirror doesn't have it, it is configured
to go retrieve them from the real public repositories.  Once it has it
locally, and additional requests can be served without going to the
internet.

We're using Nexus at the moment, which works very well for us.

To use it in this fashion, the machine on which our Nexus repository
sits has limited access to the internet, controlled by our network
policies.  If we need to access a new repository, we have to ensure
that our Network services grants access.

Another option in this set up is that artifacts can be manually
deployed to the Nexus server if we want to make them available to our
developers.  This works well with on-off artifacts, but may choose
tedious if you need to do this with all dependencies and plugins.
However, if you can download them individually and deploy them to your
network's public server, that would work too.

Hope this helps,
Ed