Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Skladovs, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2004/07/01 11:07:21 UTC

Can't Print Excel Sheet Made With HSSFSerializer. What's Wrong?

Hi to all!

To print the Excel Sheet made with HSSFSerializer with HP LaserJet 2300
PCL 6 Printer, I must set "Send TrueType as Bitmap" to "activate" (in
German: "TrueType als Bitmap senden: aktivieren").

Without doing this, the job stays in job-queue with a message
"Resolution not supported" (in German: "Aufloesung wird nicht
unterstuetzt").

It concerns ONLY the Excel documents I generate with Cocoon.

The problem is, that the printer stands by our customer in another city,
I can't, unfortunately, reproduce this error, our printers print
everything fine without any problem. My hope is that anybody eventually
has already faced this problem in the past.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Viktor

Re: Does HSSF support pictures in a Excel file?

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
you have to login first, im assuming you found the instructions here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

there are times when the network is congested or the server is down for
maintenance.  try again :)

Posted by Michael Tsai <mi...@tatung.com>.
Hi Danny,

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.

Posted by Michael Tsai <mi...@tatung.com>.
Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl-Heinz Zengerle <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Michael.

Re: Can't Print Excel Sheet Made With HSSFSerializer. What's Wrong?

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
IIRC, I think the serializer is based on poi 1.5 i think.  how about
swapping out the jars if you feel lucky.  haven't followed the
serializer development in cocoon though.