Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by David Welton <da...@apache.org> on 2007/02/06 22:59:02 UTC

Re: The state of Rivet?

In conclusion, it looks as if there are several people concerned about
Rivet's future, but none of them are able to do anything about it.
Those that are able to do something are in various stages of
abandoning the project.

Not a good situation.  Perhaps the best course of action at this point
is to try and wrap things up into a 1.0 and archive it.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: The state of Rivet?

Posted by David Welton <da...@apache.org>.
On 2/7/07, Colman Reilly <ca...@colmanandsam.org> wrote:
> I presume that patches and bug fixes would still be accepted? It
> works pretty well as it is ...

Yes, but what's worrisome is that no one is stepping up to help do
that.  You're correct that it doesn't really need that much fiddling
as things stand now.

> The big problem is the Apache 2.0 port, correct? I've forgotten what
> the huge issue with that is?

It's a different architecture.  It would probably be ok if we didn't
bother with the threaded models, but doing those would be harder.

Re: The state of Rivet?

Posted by Colman Reilly <ca...@colmanandsam.org>.
I presume that patches and bug fixes would still be accepted? It
works pretty well as it is ...

The big problem is the Apache 2.0 port, correct? I've forgotten what
the huge issue with that is?

Colman

Re: The state of Rivet?

Posted by Rob Sciuk <ro...@controlq.com>.