Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/11/13 17:46:00 UTC

Cocoon 2 Maturity

I have a question regarding the maturity of Cocoon2.  Due
to superior method of pipeline management in Cocoon2 I am
really leaning toward using it for an upcoming project
for one of our Company's clients.  Stability wise, it is
very good, and performance is definitely acceptable.

With the Avalon integration and Log integration, it
becomes just as easy to create a log target and use the
logger in our project (although I can make that happen
regardless by incorporating the log.jar file).

Is there any reason why you would highly recommend against
it?  We need the pipeline management, and will be willing
to do the work to make Avalon independent of Tomcat 4.

Otherwise, our energies will be spent on implementing our
own pipeline management with Cocoon 1.x only to be redone
when Cocoon 2 is finally released.

If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis