Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kashu <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 11:15:27 UTC

Maven error problem

Hi All Expert,

I'm trying to integrate reportNG with maven but when I add maven dependency
and build the project, I get strange error mentioned below.

ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer
org.uncommons:reportng:jar:1.1.4 from http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2
was cached in the local repository,
 resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact
 org.uncommons:reportng:jar:1.1.4 from/to central
(http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): No response received after 60000

my POM looks like

<properties>
  <selenium.version>2.39.0</selenium.version>

<suiteXmlFile>${project.build.testOutputDirectory}/TestNGConfig.xml</suiteXmlFile>
 <skipTests>false</skipTests>
<BROWSER></BROWSER>
<TYPE></TYPE>

  </properties>
        <dependencies>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>6.8.5</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
            <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
            <version>${selenium.version}</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
    <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
    <artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>
    <version>2.39.0</version>
</dependency>

           <dependency>
       <groupId>org.uncommons</groupId>
    <artifactId>reportng</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.4</version>
        <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
                <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
                <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.velocity</groupId>
    <artifactId>velocity</artifactId>
    <version>1.7</version>
</dependency>

        <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
    <artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
    <version>3.10-beta1</version>
</dependency>

        <dependency>
    <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.1</version>
</dependency>
        <dependency>
    <version>2.6</version>
</dependency>

        <dependency>
    <groupId>com.google.inject</groupId>
    <artifactId>guice</artifactId>
    <version>3.0</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

            <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.10</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

    </dependencies>

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>

        <configuration>
          <source>1.7</source>
          <target>1.7</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

  <plugin>
 <version>2.6</version>
 <configuration>

 <suiteXmlFiles>
 <suiteXmlFile>${suiteXmlFile}</suiteXmlFile>
 </suiteXmlFiles>

       <properties>
                        <property>
                        <name>listener</name>
                        <value>org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter,
org.uncommons.reportng.JUnitXMLReporter</value>
                    </property>
                </properties>
                <workingDirectory>target/</workingDirectory>

 </configuration>
 </plugin>

   </plugins>
 </build>

</project>
-----------------------------------
I even added following code in settings.xml file of maven
<repositories>
    <repository>
        <id>java-net</id>
        <url>https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/public</url>
    </repository>
   </repositories>

Can any expert suggest where I'm going wrong?
Thanks in advance..

Cheers,

RE: Maven error problem

Posted by kashu <ka...@gmail.com>.
No body told me about the location but somehow error showing the message like
that...which might be misguiding as well..

The POM and settings.xml lines of code, I've mentioned in my original post..
Can you please suggest what could be the root cause or how i can get rid off
this problem...

Thanks in advance.

RE: Maven error problem

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 02:15:27 -0700
> From: kashu.joshi@gmail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Maven error problem
>
> Hi All Expert,
>
> I'm trying to integrate reportNG with maven but when I add maven dependency
> and build the project, I get strange error mentioned below.
>
> ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer
> org.uncommons:reportng:jar:1.1.4 from http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2
> was cached in the local repository,
>  resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
> elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact
>  org.uncommons:reportng:jar:1.1.4 from/to central

MG>who told you there is a org.uncommons package located on http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 ?

<snip>

>        <properties>
>                         <property>
>                         <name>listener</name>
>                         <value>org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter,
> org.uncommons.reportng.JUnitXMLReporter</value>
>                     </property>
>                 </properties>
</snip>