Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/17 18:22:41 UTC

[VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ

The 4.0 release of ActiveMQ is long overdue; since we started incubation
we've got out of the good habit of releasing early and releasing often. So
I'd like us to get back on track making frequent releases even though we are
still in the incubator (we can work on the community building and
infrastructure issues in parallel to getting good releases out that people
can use & give us feedback on).

So I'd like us to create a release candidate (4.0-RC1) of what 4.0 will be
so we can iron out any gremlins before the full 4.0 release.

I've put a Release Plan together on the wiki
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Release+Plans

in particular
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/4.0+RC+1+Guide

So please can you vote on whether to go ahead and start making this release.
When the binary distro is done, we'll have another vote to approve the
distro - then ask for the Incubator PMC's blessing to actually ship the
release.

[ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution
[ ] -1 veto the creation of the distro because: ......

Here's my +1

--

James
-------

Re: [VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 3/17/06, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 4.0 release of ActiveMQ is long overdue; since we started incubation
> we've got out of the good habit of releasing early and releasing often. So
> I'd like us to get back on track making frequent releases even though we are
> still in the incubator (we can work on the community building and
> infrastructure issues in parallel to getting good releases out that people
> can use & give us feedback on).
>
> So I'd like us to create a release candidate (4.0-RC1) of what 4.0 will be
> so we can iron out any gremlins before the full 4.0 release.
>
> I've put a Release Plan together on the wiki
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Release+Plans
>
> in particular
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/4.0+RC+1+Guide
>
> So please can you vote on whether to go ahead and start making this release.
> When the binary distro is done, we'll have another vote to approve the
> distro - then ask for the Incubator PMC's blessing to actually ship the
> release.
>
> [ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution
> [ ] -1 veto the creation of the distro because: ......

+1

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)

Re: [VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

On 3/20/06, Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com> wrote:
> [ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution
>
> regards,
> Jonas

Hiram

Re: [VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.

Posted by Fritz Oconer <fo...@exist.com>.
Hi All,

[ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution

Regards,
Fritz

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi John,

I've created a couple ActiveMQ issues to track those:
http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-651
http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-652

Putting them on the ActiveMQ Road map seems to encourage folks to
resolve them.  Since 4.x is substantially different from 3.x, I've got
a feeling that many of these issues will not be a problem anymore, and
conversely, we may find a few new issues.

So is the plan to have ActiveMQ 4.0 integrated into Geronimo? Or can
that wait for 4.1??

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1