Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Edgar Merino <do...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 21:15:37 UTC

AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior and getCallbackScript

Hello, we've been working on some javascript code that needs to compute
some values before sending the request to wicket server side. Currently,
we bind directly to the component's click event using jquery from js,
and send the request using Wicket.Ajax.post function. To pass the needed
variables to make the ajax call (e.g. callbackUrl) from java to js we
are using PackageTextTemplate.

Everything works fine, but then I saw lots of examples using
getCallbackScript, and they modify the AjaxRequestAttributes through the
AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior#updateAjaxAttributes() method to pass extra
parameters that need to be sent with the request.

I believe both approaches would work, but updating the
AjaxRequestAttributes seems the best way to go... am I missing something
here?

Thanks in advance.
Edgar Merino.

Re: AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior and getCallbackScript

Posted by Edgar Merino <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Martin, we ended up doing the ajax call in a semi-manual way:
we are still using PackageTextTemplate but this time we are only passing
the AjaxRequestAttributes and declaring them as an object in js, that
way we can add extra paremeters that are dynamically generated right
from javascript.

Thanks again for the response.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,