Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dave Cardwell <da...@davecardwell.co.uk> on 2013/04/04 16:01:15 UTC

Oozie Sqoop Action Error: IllegalArgumentException: JobId string : is not properly formed

(previously posted to oozie-user but thought someone here might be able to
help)

I have a Sqoop action which uses sqoop-eval to call a MySQL stored
procedure. It works fine from the command line, and the call actually
completes in Oozie giving an external status of “SUCCEEDED”, but the
resulting status of the action is ERROR, with the following message:

IllegalArgumentException: JobId string :  is not properly formed

Here is the action configuration:

<sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">
  <job-tracker>my.server.com:8021</job-tracker>
  <name-node>hdfs://my.server.com:8020</name-node>
  <arg>eval</arg>
  <arg>--query</arg>
  <arg>CALL `move_cdrs_to_working`;</arg>
  <arg>--connect</arg>
  <arg>jdbc:mysql://my.server.com/my_database</arg>
  <arg>--username</arg>
  <arg>my_user</arg>
  <arg>--password</arg>
  <arg>my_password</arg>