Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/11/08 03:27:19 UTC

MessagePartInfo with apparently incorrect element name

JAXB+JAXWS ... I have a MessagePartInfo with isElement true, xmlSchema
null, and the element QName has no namespaceURI. The name comes from an
@WebParam which has a plain, unqualified name in it. So I suppose I'm
dealing with a name in the service TNS, but is this how we want these to
come through?

Re: MessagePartInfo with apparently incorrect element name

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Benson

On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Benson Margulies wrote:
> JAXB+JAXWS ... I have a MessagePartInfo with isElement true, xmlSchema
> null, and the element QName has no namespaceURI. The name comes from
> an @WebParam which has a plain, unqualified name in it. So I suppose
> I'm dealing with a name in the service TNS, but is this how we want
> these to come through?

I'm definitely concerned about the xmlSchema being null.   That really
looks bad.  :-(    That's my #1 concern with the above.

I think currently, the QName will not have a namespaceURI if the schema
is unqualified (which is the default for JAXWS).     That is paritially
historical.   Originally, the MessagePartInfo didn't have
a "ConcreteName" field so the element name was overloaded to be the
concrete name.   We added the ConcreteName stuff to hold the "what it
really looks like" version so, in theory, the part names could be
updated to have the proper namespaces.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer