Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simone <ea...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 11:50:19 UTC

Deploying Web Services LOG4J WARN

Hi,
i've installed tomcat 5.5, jdk 1.5 and axis 1.4 on fedora 6, and it works
fine.

when i try to deploy a web service with this command:

java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService
webservices.wsdd

i receive this message:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle).
Processing file webservices.wsdd
<Admin>Done processing</Admin>

The service is shown in http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet, but
i want to know why appear this warning.

i've read old mailing list, and i add the log4j.proprerties in
axisclasspath, but whithout changes.

What can i do?

Thanks for help.

Simone.

Re: Deploying Web Services LOG4J WARN

Posted by Simone <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

finally I've solved my problem: I set up this variables:

export AXIS_HOME=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/axis
export AXIS_LIB=$AXIS_HOME/WEB-INF/lib
export AXISCLASSPATH=$AXIS_LIB/axis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-
discovery-0.2.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-logging.jar:$AXIS_LIB/jaxrpc.jar:$AXIS_LIB/saaj.jar:$AXIS_LIB/log4j-1.2.8.jar:$AXIS_LIB/activation.jar:$AXIS_LIB/mailapi.jar:$AXIS_LIB/axis-ant.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xml-apis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xercesImpl.jar
export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/common/lib/jsp-
api.jar:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/common/lib/servlet-api.jar

and now it works fine, I can deploy my web services without receiving any
error or warning.

Simone.

Posted by Simone <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Jorge Fernandez <in...@yahoo.es>.
Hi Simone,

Did you initialize the logger form the code??
I did:

Logger logger=Logger.getLogger("my_class".class.getName());
and
PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("full path to properties file");

Regards,

Jorge Fernández

Simone <ea...@gmail.com> escribió: Hi,
i've installed tomcat 5.5, jdk 1.5 and axis 1.4 on fedora 6, and it works fine.

when i try to deploy a web service with this command:

java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService  webservices.wsdd

i receive this message:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle).
Processing file  webservices.wsdd
<Admin>Done processing</Admin>

The service is shown in  http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet, but i want to know why appear this warning.

i've read old mailing list, and i add the log4j.proprerties in axisclasspath, but whithout changes.

What can i do?

Thanks for help.

Simone.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.