Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/26 04:33:38 UTC

Tapestry lists alive?

Haven't seen any mail from the user or developer lists in at least  9 hours...

Geoff
--
The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Javier Molina <nu...@myrealbox.com>.
There might still be a problem somewhere, I got something like this in
reply to two of my messages a few days ago:

----

MDaemon has identified your message as spam.  It will not be delivered.

 From      : tapestry-user-return-29038-gs=smm.de@jakarta.apache.org
To        : gs@smm.de
Subject   : [***SPAM***][Score/Req.: 07.3/5.0] Re: Upload progress bar?

Yes, score=7.3 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_80,RCVD_BY_IP, RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO
autolearn=no version=3.0.2
*******
*  0.1 RCVD_BY_IP Received by mail server with no name *  1.2
RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO Received: contains an IP address used for HELO *  6.0
BAYES_80 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 80 to 95% *      [score: 0.9369]

: Message contains [1] file attachments

----

The attachment it mentions comes with this notification, my original
message had no attachments.

I'm posting through gmane.

Spindle

Posted by Tony Herstell <to...@cambridgesoftware.co.nz>.
Is the Spindle going to be coming out for Tap 4.x?

I use MyEclipse and go with what they supply, and found Spindle useful.

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Cliff Zhao <zh...@gmail.com>.
Me too.
But got yours.

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
Gareth wrote:
> Ah,
>
> I'm pleased to see that there are people using this mailing list - LoL
>
> I'm trying to get started with Tapestry, and have so far written everything by
> hand, have completed the example / tutorial on the tapestry webpage, and have
> attempted building a few pages of my own, but I have realised when looking at
> the library example, that the login deals with the visit object etc about which
> I had not looked (because it wasnt in the tutorial).  I was just about set to
> build a little example that logged someone in (checking against a dbase using
> hibernate + Spring), when I came across a post comparing Tapestry VS. JSF on
> the Serverside webpage.  This indicated that the visit object and global (think
> that was the one) were on the cards for being deprecated in favour of something
> else.
>
> Could someone please comment of the deprecation issue, thanks.

in tapestry 4 they both still exist, there is however another
application state objects "repository" using (like everything  in T4)
hivemind. read about server state in the user guide.

> Also, I have come across spindle, a plugin for eclipse (my fav. editor), and I
> noticed it will work with eclipse 3.1, but only supports tapestry 3... because
> of the major changes (I read) between 3 and 4, and my unwillingness to learn
> and write something only to have to change it, I am using tapestry 4, so my
> question is, will spindle be updated to support tapestry 4, and if so when.

ask Geoff. Currently there is spindle for 3.0 only.

> I was a little concerned about the comment in the serverside article that
> essentially said that tapestry does not look like it will be adopted on a large
> scale, simply because of the steep learning curve... as someone new to it, I
> can certainly agree that the learning curve is pretty much vertical, but is
> this something that is on the cards to change?  One thing that would help
> 1000000% is to have more tutorials, taking people through form submission and
> logging in for instance.

There are exelent books around which explain everything in great detail.
(wiki->t4->howtos)
Also there are some excelent tutorials - look in the wiki, there are
some links there.

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Thomas Christensen <tc...@nordija.com>.
Hi Gareth

On 26/11/2005, at 14.37, Gareth wrote:

> I was just about set to
> build a little example that logged someone in (checking against a
> dbase using
> hibernate + Spring), when I came across a post comparing Tapestry
> VS. JSF on
> the Serverside webpage.  This indicated that the visit object and
> global (think
> that was the one) were on the cards for being deprecated in favour
> of something
> else.
>
> Could someone please comment of the deprecation issue, thanks.
In version Tapestry version 4, the visit and global objects can be
injected into your page class so instead of accessing visit using
getVisit() you will access it through you own defined method. Global
accessible objects should be injected as well, such as spring
services etc.

Furthermore, you can define as many "visit/global" types of objects
you want using hivemind and apparently extend the scope to be other
than "session" (don't know how exactly).

Cheers

Thomas

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, there is quite a bit of ajax support for tapestry at
http://tacos.sourceforge.net.

What you are asking for, specificially with event listeners on select/etc/
fields isn't in the currently available release, but if you checkout the
project from cvs and use "AjaxFieldObserver" you can get what you want. (As
long as what you want coincides with what the component can do ;) )

You may have to spend some time with the demo to become familiar with it, as
the website documentation doesn't reflect what is currently in cvs...We plan
on releasing in the next few days, as soon as we're done ironing out a few
last things...

jesse

Re: Tapestry lists alive?

Posted by Gareth <g0...@yahoo.co.uk>.