Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Trevor Dawe <tr...@sjrb.ca> on 2007/01/26 21:44:05 UTC

Complex Types to Base/Simple Types

I'm currently writing a dynamic web service client that reads a WSDL
file and can invoke any operation. I'm having some problems invoking
operations which take complexTypes as input parameters. Is there any
easy way to get all of the base/simple type parameters for an operation
without having to recursively parse all of the complex types?

Thanks,
-trevor

RE: Complex Types to Base/Simple Types

Posted by Trevor Dawe <tr...@sjrb.ca>.
Well, I didn't receive a response about this question yet, so I'll add
some more information in case anyone is able to help.

I have an operation in my web service called 'setComplexAddress' which
takes an 'Address' as it's only parameter.
An 'Address' is a simple class which has 2 properties: number (integer)
and street (string).

The snippet from my WSDL shows 'Address' as a complex type:
<complexType name="Address">
	<sequence>
		<element name="number" type="int"/>
		<element name="street" type="string" nillable="true"/>
	</sequence>
</complexType>

Is it possible to invoke this operation without having to generate any
other client-side code? I'm trying to create the client as dynamic as
possible where I'm only given the WSDL at runtime and then discover the
service, operations, etc.

Thanks,
-trevor