Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/04/09 16:03:38 UTC

T5: strange error

Hi,

My app works in my development machine, a Mac, but when upload to a ubuntu
server i started to get errors like this in some pages:

Render queue error in BeginRender[admin/Main:adminlayout.pagelink_2]:
Component register/_mm2 does not contain an embedded component with id
'import_form'. i tried with two ubuntu servers, all got the same error, any
idea? thanks.

Angelo

Re: T5: strange error

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I don't have any answers for you, but I do have some questions.

What version of Tapestry?
Are you using the same version of tomcat on your mac and other machines?
What are you deploying on the other machines? The war you built on
your mac, or rebuilt locally?
Is _mm2 the name of your component?
Do any of your pages load?

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to be more specific:
>
> This error is a little strange, say in OS X, everything works, I can re
> produce this error only if i change the form ID to
>
> id="import_form"
>
> but in Ubuntu linux, even the t:id="import_form" will have that error.
>
> @Component
> private Form import_form;
>
> < t:form t:id="import_form" t:clientValidation="false">
> < /t:form>
>

> Angelo Chen wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > My app works in my development machine, a Mac, but when upload to a ubuntu
> > server i started to get errors like this in some pages:
> >
> > Render queue error in BeginRender[admin/Main:adminlayout.pagelink_2]:
> > Component register/_mm2 does not contain an embedded component with id
> > 'import_form'. i tried with two ubuntu servers, all got the same error,
> > any idea? thanks.
> >
> > Angelo

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.

Re: T5: strange error

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

Re: T5: strange error(form components can't be found if inside a package)

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

I found out a little more about this problem, _mm2 is a page that contains
the form t:id="import_form", and it is placed inside a package called
'admin', so we have to refer to it "admin/_mm2", this cause the said error
in ubuntu but not OS X, if I move _mm2 out to 'pages' package, the error
went away, that seems a solution, but quite a big job with all those nicely
arranged packages to use T5's friendly URL, any idea? Thanks,

Angelo
p.s. I use Tapestry 5.0.11, generate a war file to run either in os x or
ubuntu.

Re: T5: strange error

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
hi,

Sometimes an error will drive you crazy and this is the one, finally found
the problem, in a package I use 'Register' and its related webapps I use
'register', this works without any problem in OS X, but failed in ubuntu
linux, it is obvious error but since OS X did not reject it, it was there
for so long until deployment time and caused panic:((