Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Roy Dahan <ro...@scylladb.com> on 2017/10/08 17:00:07 UTC

Using SCT to test cassandra clusters

Hi,
My name is Roy and I'm one of the maintainers of SCT
<https://github.com/scylladb/scylla-cluster-tests>, a framework to deploy
and test Scylla & Cassandra clusters on various backends like (AWS, GCE,
OpenStack and libvirt).

In general:

   - scdm.cluster: Contains cluster/node abstractions

   - scdm.nemesis: Cluster disruption procedures

   - scdm.remote: SSH library

   - scdm.tester: Contains base test class

We regularly add more type of Nemesis (cluster disrupters) and tests.

Important to note, It doesn't replace dtest  but it's a useful framework to
test the cluster as a whole for longer period of time with various
scenarios.

Feel free to use and contribute back.

Roy
- QA Manager, Scylla

Re: Using SCT to test cassandra clusters

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Thanks Roy, this actually looks pretty interesting. It seems that only AWS
is supported for Cassandra, and a lot of the code is obviously geared
towards scylla (e.g nemesis). Do you have any idea how much works w.r.t
Cassandra?