Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Katie S <ka...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/02 08:28:56 UTC

Tomcat 9 crashes because of a Windows update

Hello,

Do you have any information on Tomcat 9 not working after some Windows
Updates ?
We have installed the KB5022838 on our Windows Server 2016 Standard and
since this we can restart Tomcat but it stops working after only few
minutes.

We are sure about the fact that the Windows update is guilty as it worked
properly when we restored the VMware snapshot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

- Katie

Re: Tomcat 9 crashes because of a Windows update

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/03/2023 07:57, Katie S wrote:
> Mark,
>
> The logs say the following:
> [2023-03-03 08:25:59] [info]  [ 6836] Apache Commons Daemon procrun
> (1.2.1.0 64-bit) started.
> [2023-03-03 08:25:59] [info]  [ 6836] Running Service 'BOEXI40Tomcat'...
> [2023-03-03 08:25:59] [info]  [ 7696] Starting service...
> [2023-03-03 08:26:00] [info]  [ 7696] Service started in 1187 milliseconds.
> [2023-03-03 08:27:53] [info]  [ 6836] Run service finished.
> [2023-03-03 08:27:53] [info]  [ 6836] Apache Commons Daemon procrun
> finished.
>
> 08:25 was the time I've run Tomcat and 08:27 was the time Tomcat stopped
> working by himself.

OK that looks normal.

> I've enclosed the stderr.log to this email.

The mailing list strips attachments. You either need to paste the
contents in the body of the email or use a file sharing service (that
doesn't require an account to read the files).

We need to see the rest of the log files. I suggest the following:

- delete (or move) all the existing logs
- configure Commons Daemon for debug logging
- start the Tomcat service
- wait for the service to stop

Provide us with all the logs.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Katie S <ka...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Katie S <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it.INVALID>.
Katie, you should look into tomcat logs and in windows logs and report
if you find meaningful messages

Il 02/03/2023 11:10, Mark Thomas ha scritto:
> On 02/03/2023 08:49, Katie S wrote:
>> Sorry for being unclear and thank you for your answer.
>>
>> I can start Tomcat but after a few minutes it stops working. And
>> everytime
>> I restart it, the behavior is the same.
>
> Again, define "stops working".
>
> Mark
>

>> - Katie

>>> Define "stops working". The subject says "crashes". We need specifics.

>>> That is a useful data point.
>>>
>>> Mark

Archimede Informatica tratta i dati personali in conformità a quanto
stabilito dal Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 (GDPR) e dal D. Lgs. 30 giugno
2003 n. 196
per come modificato dal D.Lgs. 10 agosto 2018 n. 101.
Informativa completa
<http://www.archicoop.it/fileadmin/pdf/InformativaTrattamentoDatiPersonali.pdf>

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti

Archimede Informatica società cooperativa a r. l.
Via Gereschi 36, 56127 Pisa

tel.: +39 050/580959 | fax: +39 050/8932061

web: www.archicoop.it
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/ivanoluberti
facebook: www.facebook.com/archimedeinformaticapisa/

Re: Tomcat 9 crashes because of a Windows update

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Katie S <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.