Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 16:55:54 UTC

Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Hi folks,

While upgrading BH from 0.6 to 0.7 (that totally deserves a entry in the
wiki btw), I noticed two things:

1/ the page
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundDetailedInstallation is
outdated. The base.ini provided on this page lacks several entries created
by bloodhound_setup.py (which I cannot use, since I have a MySQL DB)

2/ I can't find a way to register on
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhoundto create a ticket for the issue
above.

Regards,
Jonathan

Re: Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM, JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,

Hi !
:)

> While upgrading BH from 0.6 to 0.7 (that totally deserves a entry in the
> wiki btw), I noticed two things:
>
> 1/ the page
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundDetailedInstallationis outdated. The base.ini provided on this page lacks several entries
> created by bloodhound_setup.py (which I cannot use, since I have a MySQL DB)
>
> 2/ I can't find a way to register on https://issues.apache.org/bloodhoundto create a ticket for the issue above.

The link for anonymous users is under Apps drop down menu , see
http://picpaste.com/bh_widgets_x_152_iao_register-j1abKKsp.png

 [...]

Olemis - @olemislc

Featured article:

Re: Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Posted by JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com>.

> As Joe mentioned it's already more prominent in 0.8dev. I'm not sure it's
> needed on the login form since it's always present in the metanav. But if
> you have other ideas on how to improve this over the presentation in
> 0.8dev, don't hesitate to let us know.

Well, it is a common practice in web design to provide a register link on
the login page, but I agree that if it is in the header all the time, it
may not be needed.

Regarding the wiki update, I took the problem the other way around; I
modified the bloodhound_setup.py script so that it works for mysql too,
I'll submit a patch tomorrow.

Jonathan Gibert
Consultant
www.iconsultants.fr

Re: Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM, JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you both,
>

>> thank you for the feedback. You can register here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/register
>>
>> This link is easier to find in more recent versions of the product.
>>

> That's indeed well hidden, there should be a link to that page on the
> login form (I'll open a bug for that, now that I can register ;))

As Joe mentioned it's already more prominent in 0.8dev. I'm not sure it's
needed on the login form since it's always present in the metanav. But if
you have other ideas on how to improve this over the presentation in
0.8dev, don't hesitate to let us know.

 [image: Inline image 1]

Re: Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Posted by JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com>.

> good !
> ... if you share what you've got someone else will be able to review it .
>

> Here is what I got :
main.ini : http://pastebin.com/Et2tiLA0
trac.ini : http://pastebin.com/6u0iGTkY

Note that I change some paths from the ones generated, and the dbstring to
mysql

--
Jonathan Gibert
Consultant

Re: Wiki needs an update and I cant register to open a ticket

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you both,

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 3 March 2014 15:55, JoKoT3 <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> While upgrading BH from 0.6 to 0.7 (that totally deserves a entry in the
> wiki btw), I noticed two things:
>
> 1/ the page
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundDetailedInstallationis outdated. The base.ini provided on this page lacks several entries
> created by bloodhound_setup.py (which I cannot use, since I have a MySQL DB)
>
> 2/ I can't find a way to register on https://issues.apache.org/bloodhoundto create a ticket for the issue above.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,