Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by david horner <dh...@osu-tulsa.okstate.edu> on 1999/03/12 01:27:29 UTC

os-linux/4047: Wrong/right/huh? mime types

>Number:         4047
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       Wrong/right/huh? mime types
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When i get a file in netscape 2 3 or 4 from my old windows 3.1 server of type
home   (IE no extension) i get the webpage.
if i pull it from the linux box it sees it as mime  text.
Where can i read about mimes and how netscape KNOWS what a file is?
I assume i need to call home home.htm or home.html?

Also on the java prob you say to put
    matchbrowser jdk1.0  or some such on a line in a config file.
 ok thats nice but WHICH config file?
Which files ie access/httpd/magic/mime.types/srm do what?
>How-To-Repeat:
192.234.12.29/home       linux
192.234.12.250/home      windows 3.1 webserv
>Fix:
Slap my face send me to linux/rfc.all/www school and do not let me pass go.