Posted to user@flink.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/19 02:24:57 UTC

Does Flink 1.9 support create or replace views syntax in raw sql?

Hi All,

Does Flink 1.9 support create or replace views syntax in raw SQL? like
spark streaming does?

Thanks!

Re: Does Flink 1.9 support create or replace views syntax in raw sql?

Posted by godfrey he <go...@gmail.com>.
HI kant,

> 1) Where does the hive catalog persist view definitions? in mysql? or
HDFS?
hive catalog stores all metadata in derby or mysql [1]

> 2) If the views are not persisted what happens if the application crashes
and restarted? will it create the view again and safely read the data from
where it left off?
as Jark said, until to latest release version, the views are stored in
memory. So if the application crashes or is restarted, you must create the
view again.

[1] https://data-flair.training/blogs/apache-hive-metastore/

Bests,
Godfrey

kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> 于2020年2月27日周四 下午9:25写道:

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by godfrey he <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kant,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Does Flink 1.9 support create or replace views syntax in raw sql?

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kant,

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kant,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Does Flink 1.9 support create or replace views syntax in raw sql?

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
 I tried the following.